What Is Tapu (Title Deed) ?
A TAPU is a legal document which shows you have ownership rights over the property. The owner’s full name and photograph, and detailed information on the asset are written on this document called TAPU or TAPU SENEDI in Turkish. Once the property is sold, the Title Deed is transferred from the seller to the buyer and that concludes the sale. So, when you buy, purchase any real estate such as apartment, villa, plot, land in Turkey, you have to take the TAPU ( Title Deed) from land registray office of the relevant area where the property is. Before you receive your Tapu, following information may help you what everything means on a Tapu.
Turkiye Cumhuriyeti Tapu Senedi | Turkish Rebuplic Title Deed
A) Ana Gayrimenkulun | Description Location and rodastral Coardinates of the mainland
- Fotograf : The picture of all owners are to be suffixed to the top-right of the TAPU, it has to be sealed with a stamp and signed by the TAPU officer.
- il : Province
- ilce : Borough, district, town
- Mahalle : Parish, guarter
- Koyu : Village
- Sokak : Street, avenue
- Mevkii : Place
- Pafta No : Pafta number
- Ada no: Plat no
- Parsel no: Parcel number
- Niteligi : Feature (whether it is a bulding, land, vacant land or cultivated land )
- Yuzolcumu : Area, size of the land (summation of the figures shown for the the three pametries below should add up to the total size of the mainland.)
- Ha : Hectare (10.000m2)
- M²: meter square
- dm²: decimeter square
B) Type of Tapu ( Title Deed ) | The signed box from one of these choices shows what kind of title deed you have.
- Kat Mulkiyeti : Ownership of the independent unit which is ready to use (flat,house, Office,etc.) built on the mainland.
- Kat irtifaki : Ownership of the independent unit which is not ready for use yet (either because of on going development / construction work or due to the fact that usage permit from the municipality has not been get yet.
- Devremulk : Fractional / timed ownership (the indepent unit is owned just for a certain Of a year)
C) Bagimsiz Bolum | Information about the independent unit (the propect subject to the use as a flat, house ) on the mainland.
- Satis Bedeli : Actual purchase price of the property.
- Arsa Payi : Land share (what proportion of the land belongs to the independent unit)
- Block no: Block (building , lodge, court,house number)
- Kat No: Flor no
- Bagimsiz Blok No : Independent unit number
- Edinme Sebebi : The reason why the property is being acquried (from who to whom the property has been sold and any other relevent explanation.
- Sahibi : Name(s) of the current owner(s). More than one person can own the same property.İn this case, their respective shares places are to be shown in this section.The respective shares are illustrated in terms of the proportion of the mainland
D) This sections at the bottom of the Tapu are for official use only.The tapu has to be sealed with a stamp in the central at the bottom and this section has to be signed by a tapu officer.
*Whether a property does belong to a person can be checked through the pictures and names appearing on the TAPU.